Would you like more information about FIESTA?

Click "webform" if you'd like us to contact you... Web Form

Friday, June 4, 2010

"I GOT YOUR BACK!:"

The other day I was at the grocery store, with my 4 children. A little girl (around 5 or 6 yrs old) walked up to my 4-year-old daughter and told her that she was 'Stupid' and 'Ugly'. We did not know this girl. My daughter became very quiet.

Immediately, her siblings sprang into action like mini-Super-Heros (in each of their individual ways)! Our 12 year old, who is very cerebral and articulate in his views, picked his 4-year-old sister up and walked over to the mother. He then clearly and unapologetically said, "It's Ok, that blond little girl, standing next to the lotto machine, is very incorrect! You are not 'stupid' or 'ugly'. You are beautiful!"

Next, was our 3-year-old daughter, who is a spit-fire. She was sitting in the grocery cart. She began shaking her finger at the 'unrepentive' blond-girl, "You leave my sis-tur alone".

Then came our athletic 8-year-old son. His chest puffed up, fist clenched, eyes and head going side-to-side, trying to keep him self calm.

The situation was quickly resolved. We experienced a funny drive home pretending to be a bear, a lion, and a tiger; growling at 'UnKind' people. The kids laughed heatedly at one another's different ways they coverd their 4-year-old sister's back.

What a powerful message the kids created that day. "I got your back", has been rolling over and over in my mind ever since that day.

As parents of 'sometimes' difficult kiddos, we spend soo much time in disciplining and trying to get our kids to 'Get It', that we miss a very simple and powerful message.

"I Got Your Back" - Translated: You are Worth Immense Value. I will lay down my rights for you. I love you with all of my heart, mind, and physical being! You CAN count of me!

It is love in action! It is safety put into ways that we all can grasp.

I really want to hear ways all of you create this in your children's lives.

No comments: