Would you like more information about FIESTA?

Click "webform" if you'd like us to contact you... Web Form

Thursday, March 5, 2009

How to Care for African-American Hair!

Hello everyone! Deborah Hill here...I am a trainer and family support advocate with the NM Fiesta Project. My family was created through adoption and I am thrilled to share with folks all of the great hair lessons I have learned in our journey of transracial adoption! To help in this endeavour (since I am not an expert by any stretch)....we will be hosting the fabulous, Neema Kamaria Hanifa, of Kamaria Creations Natural Hair Salon and Day Spa for a workshop here in Albuquerque. Neema has been an inspiration to me and to my little girl, Lizelle, and has taught me so much!

The workshop will be held on Sunday, April 19th from 4pm to 6:30pm at La Familia in the second floor training room. The exciting topics to be covered are:
1. Basic product knowledge/selecting the best hair style for your child
2. Proper shampoo and comb-out techniques
3. Parting and sectioning the hair
4. Basic two strand twists and braiding techniques
5. Blow-out and cornrows
6. Understanding hair types / African Hair Culture

Neema asks that participants bring your combs, brushes and products normally used at home so that she can make individual evaluations of your needs.

Please RSVP to me, Deborah Hill (and/or feel free to contact me for questions)
phone: 505-553-0980 or email: dkhill@la-familia-inc.org
In your RSVP, please let me know how many attendees and if you'll need child care.

We will have childcare...but, we hope you'll bring your children to learn with!!

Hope to see you there!
Deborah Hill CNM, CFNP

No comments: