Would you like more information about FIESTA?

Click "webform" if you'd like us to contact you... Web Form

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Book Club News

Starting next week, we'll take a couple of months to go through the book, “More Than a Mom: Living a Full And Balanced Life When Your Child Has Special Needs”. I don’t know about you, but on my good days, I feel overwhelmed with hugging. My gang of little girls is very “huggie, cuddly” and although it is sweet and most of the time I love it, by the middle of the afternoon, some days, I need a mini-respite time all by myself to recharge. It’s a dream of mine to make it through an entire potty break without someone at the door needing me, needing me. Then there are the other days. The days when the chess game starts the minute I get up (or before) and I have to be quick-witted to think two steps ahead in the manipulation game- constantly looking for deeper meanings, hidden motivations, strategies to change behavior or promote healing (more hugging). And the days go by one after another until, without realizing it, I start to lose a part of myself. I’ve busied myself into a crazy, stressful routine, and look in the mirror one day and say, “How in the world did I get here?” or “Where did I go?” So I don’t have time to read a book about balancing my life….could that be a problem?

I would love to have you participate in our online book club. Reading the book is optional. Topics in the books are springboards for discussions. Have you visited (Face Book group, NM Fiesta Book Club) to read the incredible insights that Evonne and Zandree have posted? If not, you are missing out. These two moms have let us into their worlds of adoption with honesty and compassion- I love them! What a privilege to get to know them! It’s become an online support group where we can share our struggles and successes. Make a cup of coffee, log on any time, and take a little break to share with other adoptive parents. Hopefully, you’ll have five or ten minutes to relax before someone needs you again.

Carol

Oh- I still have a couple of books to give away!

No comments: