Would you like more information about FIESTA?

Click "webform" if you'd like us to contact you... Web Form

Friday, January 23, 2009

FAMILY CONTACT - ABQ area

Hello, my name is Monica Cohu. 'YEA' New Mexico for putting this support program together. This is a MUCH needed program.

My husband and I have been Foster Parents for over 3 years. We have 3 children, 2 of which have been adopted. Like so many of you, we have had many difficulties with raising our kids. So many times we have felt so alone and that we were never going to be able to enjoy life again. We've had our days and months of wondering, "What in the world have we done?". But we are coming through it and we are enjoying our children and being parents!

I've worked in the field of counseling for many years. I've worked in group homes, residential treatment centers for children and teens and in the private sector. I've taught 'Parenting' and 'Re-Parenting' classes.

I'm looking forward to meeting with you all! Monica

1 comment:

lavendergardener said...

Welcome Monica! You bring a wealth of information to this group. I'm so glad you are with us!