Would you like more information about FIESTA?

Click "webform" if you'd like us to contact you... Web Form

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Gotta watch out for those illegal undergarments

So my friend, Maryanne and her husband, Rod (names have been changed to protect the semi-innocent), were finally going to finalize their adoption of their two kids. The kids were placed in their home as foster kids. It progressed to “It doesn't look like reunification is an option”, to “What do you think about concurrent?” and finally, “How would you like to adopt?” It became complicated, drawn out, stress-filled and then finally the big day was here. As usual, I tried to fit too many things into the morning, but I managed to get to court a few minutes early. I drove around awhile and finally realized that a close parking spot was not going to materialize. I decided to trek it. I found Rod hurrying through the parking lot also, coming from work, but I didn’t spot Maryanne. If you haven’t met Maryanne, you need to. Her contagious laugh usually precedes her. She’s high energy, fun, smart, compassionate, and sometimes a little scattered. I decided to wait just past security, keeping an eye on the clock, getting a little concerned that she wouldn’t make it in time, when I heard her laugh. Sure enough, she came hurrying into the building with her three kids dressed in their finest, combed and polished and they all proceeded through the metal detector barely in time. But then …the metal detector went off. Maryanne checked her pockets. Took off shoes and belt and tried it again. Nope. The security guard had to scan her with the wand to find the hidden offender when Maryanne got an enlightened look on her face and yelled out, “It’s my underwire bra!!” Suffice it to say, the guards backed off and let her pass without comment, the finalization went quickly and without drama and they lived happily ever after.

No comments: