Would you like more information about FIESTA?

Click "webform" if you'd like us to contact you... Web Form

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I feel a meltdown coming on

I went to Gallup last Friday to attend Monica’s class on re-parenting and learned a ton! I’ve got to also say that I’m tempted to put the house on the market, pack up the gang and u-haul it over to Gallup because the group there was so friendly, intelligent, and supportive. So on the trip home, when I had time to digest the information and brainstorm, I came up with an idea. I’d like to address a specific challenging behavior, such as chronic lying, stealing, or tantrums for example, and give some solutions that have been successful by some of our experienced parents. Then if you have some wisdom to add, you can help the rest of us by leaving your comment. We could do about one a week. What do you think? I’ve had a question lately about tantrums, so let’s start with that. There’s the good old “ignore it and it will go away” tactic, but what happens if that doesn’t work? Maybe you have a kid that is “too old” for meltdowns, and you suspect that something more is going on. I’ll make some calls to some of our family contacts and get back with you. Oh- and so I don’t get in trouble, I’ll add a disclaimer (my kid is in law school): the ideas shared will be parent-to-parent and not to be taken as professional advice ;-) Also, if there is something specific you’d like us to address, let me know.
Carol

1 comment:

Zandree said...

I just ordered this book! I'm on my way out of the country right now, but I am so looking forward to discussion.